Salary/Rate: £65,000 / £400 per day
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Work from home
A large organisation is seeking a LEAD Structural Engineer / Structural Design Engineer to work 5G projects.
The organisation has a strong focus on people and culture offering flexi-time, work from home allowances and much more.
The position can be based out of Manchester or Reading and is available for an immediate start.
The role will be working alongside other Structural Design Engineers and Structural Engineers and the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality structural designs for telecommunications sites.
- Schedule & distribute design work amongst other Structural Engineers, Structural Design Engineers, internal & external resources to ensure delivery timeframes for design are met across all projects/work packages
- Monitor, evaluate & report on external design resource (sub-contractor) performance
- Provision of design expertise & support to internal departments acting as the key escalation point & client contact
- To undertake &/or review site surveys & produce survey reports which detail workable, best practice solutions
- Organise and Lead (with the input of other Structural Engineers and Design Engineers) design forums / discussions & disseminate information related to design
- Produce designs to quality standards, statutory & client requirements
- Produce plan & elevation views with associated standard design requirements
- Ensure design ‘buildability’, cost control processes/considerations within designs
- Offer structural design advice
- Understand, promote and comply with the company’s QA, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Provide coaching, training & mentoring to as required to various project employees
- Attend multi skilled visits (MSV) providing practical & relevant design advice to meet site & client specifications
- Work closely with other Structural Engineers, Structural Design Engineers, Project Managers, Acquisition Surveyors, Project Engineers & other key stakeholders to ensure design deliverables are met within agreed timeframes
- H&S Management (in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager), including adherence to Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Degree qualified in Construction/Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience as a Structural Telecoms Design Engineer essential
- Sound leadership skills & ability to share information & knowledge with others
- Demonstrated ability to write & technical documentation and develop standards
- Ability to analyse data/information, interpret & report on results or findings
- Strong investigative skills, ability to procure information & report findings
- Knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT, photo editing software, Pro-MAP
- Experience of rooftop safety regulations & design requirements
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations & British Standards with a commitment to safety in design principals
If interested, please send a CV to email@example.com stating REF 191114 in the subject line or call 0208 154 3999 for a confidential discussion